Monday 13 October 2014

Theology applied to the heart

'Let us be rid of that horrid, sly idea that behind Jesus, the friend of sinners, there is some more sinister being, one thinner on compassion and grace. There cannot be! Jesus is the Word. One with the Father. The radiance, the glow, the glory of who the Father is. If God is like Jesus, then, though I am sinful like the dying thief, I can dare to cry, "Remember me". I know how he will respond. Though I am so spiritually lame and leprous, I can call out to him. For I know just what he is like towards the weak and sick' - Michael Reeves, Christ Our Life, 3.

Tremendous read - good theology applied to the heart as it should be. Here we see Jesus in his beauty and grace and are reminded of his centrality to our lives and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment